Wednesday, September 1, 2010

EPISODE 40: Mommy-Daughter Talk

EPISODE 40: MOMMY-DAUGHTER TALK

Wednesday September 1, 2010
The RV- Main Cabin
Crown Point, Indiana
3:12 PM Local Time


“Hey, Terr-Bear,” Wendy murmured as her daughter came bounding out of the RV’s bedroom into the main cabin, yawning as she did so. “How was your nap?”

“Fine, mommy,” the four-year old replied as she walked over to the RV’s table, where Wendy was sitting. “Whatcha doin’?’

Wendy looked up from her writing, and smiled sadly at her daughter. “I’m writing a card to a friend of mine who was hurt yesterday. It’s a ‘Get Well Soon’ card.”

“Who?” the ever-inquisitive little girl asked.

“Danny Szatkowski,”

“Danny BUTTHOLE Satski!” Theresa corrected with a giggle.

“THERESA!” Wendy snapped, appalled at her daughter’s words, making a mental note to discover whoever let her daughter watch a John Ojeda promo- and then kill them. “Don’t say that word!”

“But...”

“It’s not a nice thing to say, and the man who came up that name isn’t a nice person,” Wendy scolded. “And Danny’s had enough not nice things happen to him over the past week.”

“Sorry,” the little girl replied, looking crestfallen at upsetting her mother. “Was he the one who got hurt at Adr... Ad...”

“Adrenaline? Yes,” Wendy sighed. With only a couple days between Adrenaline and No Limits, the Birdz had elected to stay near Crown Point rather than making the long drive back to the Nest, only to leave again immediately. With Theresa down for her nap, Terrence, Cassie, and Pollaski had headed out to buy some food and supplies, leaving Wendy to spend some time alone.

Unfortunately, Wendy, already on edge over her coming tag match, had been deeply shaken by the injuries to Wild and Szatkowski the previous night. Whether she liked them or not, she had seen far too many people get hurt over the past month. She looked from the card she was writing, to her daughter, and she grimaced.

“Let’s sit on the couch for a second,” Wendy said, rising to her feet. Theresa quicly bounded to the couch, hopping up on it, while Wendy slowly walked, sitting down next to her daughter. Turning to look at her, Wendy sighed. She should have had this conversation last week.

“Daddy said you were pretty upset last week when I got attacked,” Wendy said quietly, looking hard at her daughter to gauge her reaction.

Theresa’s bouncy mood melted away, and she nodded, biting her lower lip. “I was scared,” she whispered.

Wendy smiled sadly. “I’m sorry I frightened you, Terr. I didn’t think they were going to try anything at that moment. There’s some people.. they’re not happy that mommy’s wrestling.”

Theresa nodded. “Daddy says they’re just jealous that you whip their butts!” she stated, matter of factly, with even a bit of pride.

Wendy cracked a strained smile, making another mental note to conk her husband in the head for inadvertently expanding their daughter’s vocabulary. “I don’t know if they’re really jealous, sweetie. But Mommy’s boss... he’s not a very good person, and mommy tries to stop him from doing bad things.”

“Like Batman!” Theresa exclaimed.

Considering the lame joke JPO had tried in his speech (which hadn’t amused Wendy at all), Wendy nearly facepalmed, but she managed to just smile. “Kind of, I guess. Theresa. Are you always scared when I wrestle?”

The little girl thought for a second, then vigorously shook her head, her long brown hair flying around from the force. “No. Because you always win!”

Wendy smiled. “I don’t ALWAYS win,” she informed her daughter. “And I won’t always win. And sometimes, I might even get hit really hard by another person. But I’ll always love you, no matter what happens out there.”

Theresa seemed to mull it over for a while. “But you won’t get hurt like Danny Satski?”

Wendy paused, almost on the verge of lying. Finally, she shook her head. “I can’t promise you that, Theresa. I try to be as careful as I can, but accidents happen. It’s a dangerous sport, and there are some people out there who do it just because they like to hurt people.”

The little girl paused, and again, it seemed as if she was trying to think things over.

“Theresa, do want me to stop wrestling?”

Theresa immediately shook her head vigorously. “No!” she said, as firece as her four year old voice could manage. “It makes you happy!”

Wendy smiled. “It does, sometimes,” she said. “But there is nothing in this world that makes me happier than being with you. And that’s a promise I CAN make.”

Theresa grinned, and hopped into her mother arms, and Wendy embraced the little girl tightly. “Why don’t you go get a game or a puzzle?” she whispered into her daughter’s ear. “I can finish the card later. I have writer’s block anyways.”

“You don’t write with a block, you write with a PEN!” Theresa giggled as Wendy set her down.

“Just an expression, hon.” Wendy said, laughing as her daughter bounded over to one of the cabinets, quickly pulling out Chutes and Ladders. Wendy smiled as she rose from the couch, and walked over to the table, all thoughts in her mind turned towards playing a game with her daughter.

And that made her happier than any match or title ever would.

===================================================
Wednesday September 1, 2010
The RV- Main Cabin
Crown Point, Indiana
8:41 PM Local Time


[Well, if it was ever possible for there to be a one-sided ass whupping in Chutes and Ladders, Wendy was just on the receiving end.]

[Seriously... she hit the same freaking slide 4 consecutive times, while Theresa zoomed up the ladders, and claimed victory while poor Wendy was still on square number 12. More like squash n’ ladders...]

[Anyways, it’s now evening in the Birdz’ RV, only this time Wendy’s alone, the rest of the gang all headed out on a nice evening walk, leaving Wendy a bit of alone time to shoot her promo for No Limits. Wendy sits on the hide-a-bed, the camera positioned on the other end of the RV. She’s elected a pale orange camisole top, to go with a black pair of jeans for this promo. As usual, Wendy sits fairly rigidly, although there is a small smile on her face as we fade in.]

“It’s one of the oldest stories in the book, written time and time again in the annals of human history. An usurper desires a throne, and through a coup d’etat, he overthrows the current monarch, and establishes his own illegitimate reign, sending the rightful ruler to either the dungeons or exile. His power thus established, he commences a despotic reign of terror over his subjects, never once even imagining that his methods might prompt a backlash against his authority.”

[This may also be the plot of every 1980s fantasy movie ever made. And a few TV shows to boot.]

“But you can only push a human being so far until he pushes back, and once that line is crossed, discontent sweeps throughout the land. The people turn against their new leader, the rightful heir is returned from exile, and the despot soon finds himself overthrown.”

[Prefereably stabbed by the hero, then kicked off the top of the castle. Not that she’s advocating this happening to Hollywood.]

“The end.”

[Okay, maybe a REALLY small part of her is]

“And that is why Jason Parker Oleson, the rightful owner of Pro-Wrestling X, is back among us. When the Cartel attacked the four of us in the ring after Adrenaline last week, they finally crossed the line. We’re tired of the abuse that has been heaped upon us, and we won’t stop until the usurper Hollywood is removed from his position atop the PWX!”

[For a second, Wendy looks fierce, but then she sighs, and closes her eyes, her expression falling somber.]

“But alas, what we gained in the return of JPO, we lost tenfold in Danny Szatkowski’s abdominal injury. Danny was a true champion, one of the best wrestlers in this company, and due to the cowardly attacks by Valerie Belmont, it is currently unknown whether or not he will ever be able to wrestle again.”

[Wendy opens her eyes, and there’s definitely a glint of anger in her eyes.]

“But once again, Danny wasn’t injured in the heat of a wrestling match. He was attacked from behind by a woman who was supposed to be his tag team partner for the evening, a woman who ended up costing him his title, and perhaps his career. A woman who, not two weeks ago, shook his hand after they had put on one of the greatest Hybrid title matches in company history.”

[Wendy shakes her head in disgust.]

“But like the rest of the Cartel, honor apparently means little to Valerie Belmont. Not the honor of the title she now holds, nor the honor of her wedding vows. It broke my heart to watch her betray Danny like that, because before I even arrived in PWX, I had admired Valerie for her courage, her strength of will, and her confidence. But, Tuesday night, she threw it all away for the sake of a golden trinket.”

[Wendy stares at the camer, biting her lower lip, her expression stony]

“Shame on you, Valerie.”

[Them’s fightin’ words right there!]

“But Valerie Belmont is hardly the most of my concerns right now, although ironically, I too now find myself with a different partner than I’m accustomed to, although thankfully only in the wrestling ring.”

[A small smile at her absolutely godawful attempt at a joke.]

“As is the case all too much lately, my opponents are two members of the Cartel. Since facing me in singles has failed, as has facing the Birdz in tag team action, they seem to have resorted to a new tactic- teaming me with someone I’ve never teamed with before, in an attempt to create a lack of chemistry that would tip the balance in their favor.”

[Shrug]

“I’ll confess, this is a lightly tread road for me. Outside of Terrence, I have had few tag partners, so I’m not entirely sure how well I’ll acclimate to another partner’s style. I consider myself fortunate that my partner is Josh Graves, who has had success with several different partners. Still though, the two of us are amongst the most talented wrestlers in the PWX, and I think we’ll be more than enough of a challenge for any team put against us. And that includes the duo of Brian Hollywood and Bryan Willett.”

[Wendy pauses for just a second, and tilts her head to one side, stretching her neck.]

“You’re not very happy with me, are you Mr Hollywood? After all, I made the phone call to JPO to convince him to come back, and to snap the hold you had over him these past few months. I thwarted your attack on Adrianna Szatkowski. Terrence and I have kept your hands off the PWX Tag Titles, and every time your henchmen have beaten me down in a cowardly attack, I’ve risen back to my feet, more defiant than ever.”

[Wendy suddenly breaks into a smile that could only be called ‘malicious’]

“And, I pinned you cleanly in the middle of the ring to end your first official week as PWX President.”

[Ah, memories]

“The problem is, you just don’t seem to get it. You haven’t figured out that there is NOTHING you can do to subjugate me. Every time you knock me down, I’m going to get up, stronger than ever. You claim I’m an emotional person, and you’re right. But, Brian, l challenge you to find one time my emotions caused me to freeze up in the middle of a match.”

[You’ll fail]

“If anything, the exact opposite happens. You should have realized that back at Adrenaline 39. You want to know how I won that match? Because I cannot, and WILL not, allow myself to be beaten by the likes of you. And as long as my heart is beating within my bosom, you will never defeat me.”

[Another pause, although the fire in Wendy’s eyes never leave.]

“And then there’s Bryan Willett. I’ve been watching you, Willett, ever since you threw off your mask and promised Darin Zion’s death. I’ve watched you, in two or three short matches, become one of the most feared men in this company. But there’s no nice way of saying this-”

[Pause]

“You are the embodiment of everything I hate about professional wrestling.”

[Yeah, moreso than even Mandrake. Y’know, the dude who chained her to a wall five years ago?]

“You’re a talented and successful wrestler, I won’t dispute that. You’ve made the most out of your mixed martial arts background, and your technical ability is superb.”

[/caveat]

“But I will never forget the gleeful expression on your face as you took a weed-whacker to a young man’s stomach. How you laughed as the spinning blades tore through his flesh.”

[This would be about as angry as anyone’s ever seen Wendy. She’s glaring at the camera, and her voice is even trembling with rage.]

“Obviously, I was no fan or friend of Sami Jacobs, and I always feared that he would meet a bad end. But what you did... it wasn’t wrestling. It wasn’t even during a match, and he was no longer your opponent. It was attempted murder, done for the sake of your own twisted amusement on a helpless man.”

[Wendy shakes her head in anger, biting her lower lip.]

“You call yourself the psycho- but that implies insanity. A truly insane person knows not what they do.”

[Scoff]

“Bryan, that night, you knew damn well what you were doing. There’s only one true adjective that could accurately be used to describe you.”

[Pause]

“Evil”

[BURN! Like.. literally. In hell]

“But I’m sure that somewhere, in your twisted little mind, you find this all flattering. But here’s the rub, Willett. This isn’t going to be an ultraviolent submission match. This isn’t no holds barred. This match is a tag elimination match contested under PURE rules, some of the strictest wrestling rules out there. Not only are there just three rope breaks per competitor, but no closed fist punches to the face, and a twenty count for wrestlers on the floor.”

[Wendy pauses, and looks at the camera, almost assuming a sarcastic position.]

“Can you remember all that, or should I wait while you write it down?”

[It should be noted that its a bit interesting that Brian Hollywood would put himself in a PURE rules match against one of the most by the book people in the business...]

“But do you really know who exactly you’re facing? I’m glad you think I’m overshadowed by my HUSBAND, Willett.”

[Yeah, not her brother. That’d be gross. Wendy shrugs.]

“Perhaps, I am. After all, Terry did defeat me the last time he and I faced. But the PWX is full of people who foolishly underestimated me as second-rate, and paid for it with a loss, your own tag partner included. I may not be the wrestler who can run into a pack of people and obliterate everything in sight, but in that ring, where it counts, I get the job done.”

[Pause, and Wendy slightly adjusts her position on the couch, The anger in her eyes has faded somewhat, but the intensity is still there.]

“Like you, I’m a submissionist, so you won’t be the only one benefiting from the limited number of rope breaks. If you’re looking for a good wrestling match, Bryan, you won’t need to look any further, because Josh and I will certainly give you one. But if you’re looking for another outlet for your sadistic tendencies... I daresay you’re going to be sorely disappointed”

[Small smile]

“Either way, the time of the Cartel’s reign is quickly coming to a close. The rightful owner has returned, and the time has come for the good people of PWX to take back their company. For two months, Brian Hollywood has done what he could to destroy everything great about PWX, but he’s failed. And now, he’s about to watch as his empire comes crashing down around him. Because the resistance is over.”

[Wendy breaks into a big grin.]

“And the rebellion is about to begin.”

[Fade]

No comments:

Post a Comment