Saturday, July 3, 2010

EPISODE 17: Shooting Gallery

JUNE 12, 2010
COWBOYS STADIUM, PARKING LOT- THE RV
DALLAS, TEXAS
4:18 PM LOCAL TIME


[Well, it's been a busy week for one Terrence Thompson. After having his wife walk out on him again so she could focus on a big match (that's #3 in the past two months, for those of you counting,) Terrence has been left to make the drive to Dallas all by himself. Well, of course Theresa, Pollaski, and Cassie were dutifully in tow, but it just ain't the same.]

[Anyways, the week in Dallas has been fairly hectic, with fan conventions, autograph sessions, promotional appearances, and of course, last minute Summer Games training to do as well. The tension is thick in the air in Dallas- Summer Games has always been a big deal to the WWA crowd, but with so much riding on the line this year, the intensity has jumped up even more.]

[And through it all, Terrence managed to take time out of his infinitely busy schedule to watch his favorite television show- PWX Adrenaline of course. Even though he wasn't going to appear in any capacity. What a guy.]

[Even better, Terrence had been scheduled to do an interview via satellite, to discuss the fallout from his match (and unfortunate defeat) against Jacob Wright at Full Throttle. However, the moment he turned on the television to watch, he saw the Brothers of the Will, newcomers to PWX, wasting valuable interview time by spouting all this bullshit about Jeremiah Belmont. And the Mechanical Mayhem decided that the Thomas brothers annoyed the ever-living crap out of him.]

[So, Terrence grabbed the camera crew, and quickly cut in on the PWX feed, asking to be included in the 'beat up Xander Thomas' party. He got his wish, and now enters into one of PWX's traditional clusterfuck tag matches.]

[Ah well, considering that in the twenty-four hours before Adrenaline, he's competing in a brutal 24 man tournament and making an eighteen hour drive back to Valparaiso, maybe having two other guys to help carry the load may not be such a bad thing this week.]

[Anyways, the scene opens up in the WhirlyBirdz' RV. The camera has been set on a tripod in the middle of the main cabin, and Terrence sits on the hide-a-bed, looking fairly relaxed in a navy blue t-shirt and a torn pair of jeans. No body else seems to be around.]

Twister- "What, thought I ran off?"

[Terrence lets loose with a small chuckle]

Twister- "I suppose I should apologize for my absence at Adrenaline 34, but considering it's because I'm here in Dallas to fufill one of my career-long ambitions of winning Summer Games, I have absolutely no regrets about blowing off the PWX show last week. Management knew Wendy and I weren't going to be there, and even offered to give me a satellite uplink camera so I could still shoot an interview. As you can see, I used that wisely.

[small smirk]

Twister- "So, I'm sure everyone is wondering my reaction to Full Throttle. Well, obviously, I'm not exactly happy that I mowed through pretty much the entire PWX roster in the May Madness Tournament, but couldn't get the job done when it came time to claim my prize. As I've seen previously, losing a title match at a PWX Pay-per-view tends to be an enormous setback, considering where Jeremiah Belmont and Brian Hollywood landed after their defeats at the last pay-per-view, so yeah, looks like I got a bit of a wait until I can get my rematch."

"But rest assured, that rematch WILL be coming sooner or later, and as I've already indicated, I don't lose to the same person twice. So, as Jacob and Jeremiah prepare for their little encounter at Do or Die, they should remember one thing- I'm still here, and the victor of that match is going to be firmly in my crosshairs."

[Another smirk, and Terrence shifts his position on the couch.]

Twister- "But, in the meantime, I suppose I get to have a little fun. As soon as Summer Games is over, its back in the RV for us, and a nonstop drive up to Valparaiso for Adrenaline, where the three of us will get to team together in some six-man tag team action."

[Terrence sounds a little less than enthused as he says this, probably because with about twenty-two hours to complete an eighteen hour drive and get ready for a wrestling match, he's going to have to give Pollaski a turn at the RV's wheel. Always a daunting prospect, there]

"I suppose most of the world is wondering what I think of Jacob Wright, considering that he beat me fair and square in the ring at Full Throttle. I will say this- the boy has more talent than I gave him credit for. He's a hell of a competitor, and he showed tremendous heart and tenacity during our match. So yes, as a wrestler, I suppose Jacob Wright has earned my respect to some degree."

[A slight sniff of disdain, and Terrence shakes his head]

Twister- "However, as a person? That's a whole 'nother matter. You see, for someone who claims to be the champion of truth and justice in professional wrestling, Jacob seems to like to throw accusations around with a little too much ease. I'm not going to forget the shit he talked about my marriage anytime soon, and he'll be well-advised to watch his tongue in the immediate future, because it's going to be damned hard for him to cut another bullshit promo if that gets ripped out."

[Remember, Terrence just saw his wife pack up and leave for Dallas without him because she just got it into her head that she wants to win Summer Games on her own, so this is a fairly sore subject right now.]

Twister- "My other partner for the week is Jeremiah Belmont. Now, I'm under the distinct impression that Jer ain't too happy with me at the moment. Think he called me a troll or something a few weeks back. I 'spose I could chalk it up to sour grapes, after all, I did leave him lying in the ring in the semifinals of the tournament. And I flung his wife fifteen feet off a latter. Ah well, guess you can't please everybody."

[Small grin]

Twister- "Still, I suppose considering who I'm going up against, these aren't the worst two guys to have your back in a fight. I can play nice for a half-hour while we dispatch our opponents, so much as they can."

[Short shrug]

Twister- "Now, on the other side of the ring from us will be the team of Danny Szatkowski, John Ojeda, and Xander Thomas. I don't believe in moral victories, but if this team can last five minutes without falling apart, you can color me impressed. I have nothing but respect for Danny, and honestly, the poor guy has been going through a lot, not the least of was the attempted kidnapping on his sister last week. But obviously Danny is a man who can overcome adversity. He did it at Full Throttle, despite everything Ojeda threw at him. In fact, I guess you can say I'm actually looking forward to facing Szatkowski. Danny actually strikes me as somewhat of a male version of my wife."

[Uh...]

Twister- "Okay, that sounds really weird. But I completely stand by it."

[...]

Twister- "Like Wendy, Danny constantly finds himself dealing with a size disadvantage. But he makes up for it with a tremendous heart. Anyone who saw that seventh circle death match back at High Stakes knows that it takes a lot to keep Szatkowski down. Considering his tag team partners, he's probably going to be the hardest to defeat here, given Xander's lack of talent and Ojeda's lack of willpower."

[Small smirk]

Twister- Yes, I did say Xander's lack of talent. Watching his debut match, you honestly have to wonder what on earth JPO saw in him and his brother to give them contracts. Normally, Punch & Pie matches carry some perverse entertainment value of watching two clowns get the ever-loving shit kicked out of them. But, watching the sloppy and uncoordinated moves of the 'Brothers of the Will,' I almost dozed off. And it was like a thirty-second contest. Are we THAT desperate for new blood, where we'll take any vagabond who shows up at the ARC Center with a duffel bag?"

[Terrence laughs at his own joke. Probably because there's no one around to do it for him.]

Twister- "I know, his daddy's some billionaire owner of a fed that I've absolutely never heard of, so he's not exactly a street-rat. But it's a shame that when he and his brother were growing up around professional wrestling, they didn't bother to learn any of it. Or the English language for that matter. Money buys a lot of things in this world, but as Xander is about to find out, talent and intelligence aren't two of them."

"And, finally, there's John Ojeda"

[Terrence lets loose with a snort of the utmost disdain]

Twister- "You know, for supposedly being this big, bad, super tough biker badass, John Ojeda's kind of a bitch."

[Shrug]

Twister- "Can the man honestly go five minutes without whining about something? I didn't know the Hell's Angels groomed people to be such prima donnas. I mean, John sounds just like my three-year old daughter when she doesn't want to do something, although he's using some words my daughter isn't going to be learning for a VERY long time."

[The corners of Terrence's mouth twitch]

Twister- "If Ojeda doesn't come out, it won't be because he doesn't want to. It'll be because he's scared. Over the past three months, John's tried to build up this reputation of his into being some sort of a monster. And yes, he can pick up an object and swing it with a decent amount of velocity. Good for him! But here's the catch- what else can the guy do?"

"The problem with John Ojeda is that outside of his 'death matches', the man is essentially worthless as a viable competitor. Take away the barbed wire, and Ojeda is so out of his league it's not funny. And that's the real reason why John won't be appearing in the match on Monday. He's not in a street fight, or a seventh circle death match, or another one of these ludicrously violent gimmicks he's been forced to build his career around. He's going to be in a WRESTLING match, against three of the top WRESTLERS in this company. John walks down to that ring, and he gets exposed as the fraudulent bully he is."

[Small chuckle from Terrence.]

Twister- "So John will sit in the back, sucking his thumb, or doing whatever it is he does when he's not riding his tricycle. Maybe he'll try running down halfway through the match to attack everybody, because, [gasp]... wouldn't THAT be unexpected? Or he'll just try and think up new ways to get his man-crush Danny Szatkowski to notice him."

[Pause]

Twister- "Sorry Danny. But dude, that obsession he has with you is a little TOO unhealthy. Does explain why he's always saying he's on top though. He's not proclaiming his dominance. He's just calling dibs. But I'm sorry you got the shaft in the tag-partner allotment. No pun intended."

[Ba-dum-ching]

Twister- "So Monday night won't be the biggest match in my career, but it should be interesting enough. I get to face three people I've never faced before, and I get to team with two people I have. Might produce a few awkward moments, but should be sending the fans home happy. Of course, with a victory for the team of yours truly, Terrence Thompson. Know why?"

[Shit-eating grin. Catchphrase time!]

Twister- "Because you STILL just can't stop the Mechanical Mayhem."

[Fade]

No comments:

Post a Comment