Monday, August 20, 2012

EPISODE 186: Second Dosage

Scene opens in the backstage area of the Staples Center.   Specifically, one Yuri “Chernobyl” Ganiyeva’s locker room, or at least what’s left of it.   Evidently, the One Man Wasteland hasn’t taken his quickie elimination too kindly, given that several pieces of furniture around the room have been destroyed, most notably a small table, and a chair, as well as there being several rather large dents in the wall.   Chernobyl stands in the middle of the room, fists clenched, breathing heavily, Ivana standing a short distance away, looking kinda freaked out at the moment.  The cameraman, obviously fearing for his life, decides this would be a good time to leave, before Chernobyl catches him.  Uh, too late bro.

Chernobyl: “GET BACK HERE!”

Now, it should be said that Chernobyl isn’t the fastest guy in the world.  But at the same time, the camera’s kinda heavy, and the operator isn’t all that sure about his chances of escaping, and is quite convinced what the consequences for a failed attempt would be.  So he sticks around.

Chernobyl: “Rory O’Connell, you made a huge mistake.  I understand that you’re a snivelling little coward.  I understand that you knew what was going to happen the moment you had my attention.  You didn’t want that, so you kicked me over the top rope when you had the chance.  I’m sure you think it was ingenious.”

Yuri chuckles deeply, but it’s not a very friendly sounding laughter.

Chernobyl: “Maybe it was.  But you see, Rory, had you accepted the inevitable tonight, it would have been over quick, and relatively painless.  Maybe a few strikes, my hand around your throat, and you would have been outside of the ring, free from my wrath.  But you were stupid, O’Connell.  And you will pay.”

Yuri responds by turning to kick a pice of the broken chair, listening as it clatters against the wall.

Chernobyl: “I’m a patient man, Rory.  I can wait a long time before taking my revenge, as my dear sister has discovered.  But you can rest assured, somewhere along the lines, you will pay for tonight, and the price will be far more than a simple throwing over the top rope.  You saw what I did to Daniel Pollaski and Supreme Machine.  A scrawny little weasel like you I will break in half.”

Yuri pauses, seemingly taking a deep breath (its kinda tough to tell with the mask and hazmat suit and all).  He chuckles again, this time with far more humor than he’s been showing.

Chernobyl: “As for you, Nathan Thunder... do you still want this?   Are you so eager for Climax to come now?  You blindsided me with a chair, and all your passion.  It wasn’t nearly enough, was it?  All I needed to do was reach out, grab you, and you were mine.   I was merciful Sunday night, Thunder.  I could have kept you in that ring, played with you a little more.  But I didn’t, and disposed of you quickly.  Consider it my generous warning.  Because when we meet at Climax, there will be no generosity.  There will be no mercy.  I will break you in half, and paint the canvas red with your blood.  The choice is yours, pathetic little wretch.  

These last few words are given off as a growl.  Chernobyl pauses, and then looks directly at the camera.

Chernobyl: “And then there’s Chase Dupree.  You’re a lucky boy, Dupree.  Very lucky.  Isn’t it so sweet how my sister cares about you more than she does me?  How she finally comes out of her little shell to save your hide?   Make no mistake about it, boy.  She saved your life.   See, you might think that you’re putting on this brave facade, by asking for a rematch with me.  But all you are doing is insulting me.  There was nothing about that night that suggested you had a chance against me, and you have the audacity to even THINK it’ll be different this time around?”

Yuri shakes his head. 

Chernobyl: “No, it won’t.  You had an opportunity, boy.  You could have become my prophet.  The one who survived to warn others who would oppose me of what was in store for them.  It would have hardly been the most prideful existence, but you would have at least survived.   But this impudence... there will be consequences.  Consequences that you brought upon yourself.”

A short pause.

Chernobyl: “It’s so sad, really.  Look at you, you’re a young man, someone everyone claims has a bright future in this sport... if you can actually survive your first few matches, a prospect you’ve made bleak.  And you have such a lovely sister, don’t you?  A sweet little thing, who cares so much about you.  And such a pretty voice.  You’re so lucky.  Maybe once I break you, she’ll become MY sister, and sing for me.   My current one doesn’t care for me at all.”

A big shrug, and Yuri turns away.

Chernobyl: “The choice is yours boy.  You run back to your little shack in the bayou, and no one will think any less of you.  It will only serve to enhance my own reputation.  But that will be enhanced one way or another, because if you dare to insult me by showing up next Monday, the consequences will be dire.  Perhaps even deadly.  But one way or another, you WILL be made an example of.”

Yuri clenches his hand into a fist, and turns back to the camera.

Chernobyl: “You couldn’t even stay in that ring long enough to make it to me tonight.  Consider that your lucky break.   Because come Agression, boy, every bullet you missed tonight will be reloaded twicefold, and will be fired point blank.  And there won’t be much left of you by the time its over.”

A short pause, and one final line.

Chernobyl: “But at least there will be those to mourn you, unlike me.”

Chernobyl waves the camera away, and with that the scene fades.

No comments:

Post a Comment