Saturday, December 10, 2011

EPISODE 140: Flying Fish

Friday November 3
Pike Place Market- Fish Area
Seattle, Washington
3:11 PM Local Time

It’s not often that a wrestling promo fades in on two grown men playing catch with a twenty-five pound salmon, that that indeed does appear to be the case here today.  We’re in the world famous Pike Place Market, a large shopping center just north of downtown Seattle.  The most famous attraction of the center, the Fish Market, is abuzz with tourist activity, eager to watch the famous “flying fish of Seattle” as the salesmen on the floor lob their purchases back to the wrappers in the back to be prepared and packaged.  The camera watches as another salmon goes arcing through the air, over the counter, into the hands of a worker, before rotating almost a hundred eighty degrees. 

There, it catches three lovely young women walking in- the newly crowned Unity Tag Team Champions Arianna Millar and Desirae Kain, as well as their friend and upcoming third-woman partner, Wendy Briese.  All three women are watching the spectacle with a sense of wonder.

Pollaski [from obviously behind the camera]: So... a South Carolinian, a Hoosier, and a Frog all walk into a bar...

Pollaski trails off as all three women simultaneously give him dirty looks.
Pollaski: What?  There’s gotta be a joke in there somewhere...

Desirae: Wendy.............

Desirae turns her attention slowly toward the woman that would be her and Arianna’s partner at the upcoming edition of Breaking Point.
Desirae: Why did you bring him along?

Wendy wilts just a bit under Desirae’s glare, stepping back, and grinning sheepishly, shrugging her shoulders.
Wendy: Well, we needed a cameraman.  And I’ve got to do something to justify what I’m paying him...

Arianna: You pay him? Really? I’d have thought living with you guys was payment enough. Maybe he should take a paycut... or a shower. Preferably the latter.

Arianna wrinkles her nose, as Pollaski is apparently still a little stinky.

Pollaski: Hey!  Would you rather I go the same way as stupid Erica Horton on the next Aggression?  I don’t think so.  Besides, it’s only a week and a half til the show.  It’ll fly by!

Wendy rolls her eyes, and looks over at Arianna and Desirae
Wendy: I just feel sorry for whoever has to sit with him on the plane.  Because I KNOW for a fact it’s not going to be me...

Desirae shakes her head.
Desirae: It won’t be me.......good grief, I can’t even imagine being on a plane, in a small, cramped area with him while he’s like that. It’s not right. I think it’s inhumane, really.

Arianna: I agree. And that’s when he HAS showered...

Pollaski snorts, and begins to rebut scathingly, but Wendy cuts him off by clearing her throat, and looking over at her partners.
Wendy: Just ignore him.  This isn’t about him, he’s just here to film it.  This is about us, and the fact that on the next Breaking Point, I’ve been given the tremendous honor of teaming with the brand new Unity Tag Champs... only because of Kat Stryfe’s leg injury, of course.

Wendy finishes this with a teasing wink at her companions.
Desirae: Of course, something had to take the blame...........right?

She nudges Arianna with a wide grin on her face.
Arianna: Of course! But anyway, shall we get on point?

Pollaski: I have a point... if anyone wants to-

Wendy: ANYWAYS... I’m looking forward to this contest.. not just because it’s another chance to prove to the A-List that they’re not any better than the rest of us, but that I don’t have to stand alone this time,either.  I have two highly capable, and trustworthy allies standing next to me going into this match.

Desirae nods.
Desirae: Yeah, you helped Ari and I out at the last Breaking Point when Arabella and Colleen decided to blind side us after our match with the Flame and I think it’s only fitting that Ari and I kind of return the favor and help the odds get even around here for once. I don’t know about anyone else, but I’m tired of seeing people being thrown into two on on, three on one, four on one situations. It’s not right, it’s not fair and it’s going to come to an end at Breaking Point. All of this numbers game stuff is out the window and there’ll be no sneak attacks either. It’s just going to be them and us, nose to nose and face to face and really.....is there any doubt that they’re going to get their keisters handed to them? There IS a reason that the A-List usually don’t fight fair, after all........

Arianna: Yeah, I mean, it’s not as though our opponents are exactly flying high at the moment. Arabella’s still sore about you kicking her butt, and is apparently insane because I hugged her boyfriend... which is about six shades of crazy right there. Then you have Jo, who can’t beat anyone that isn’t a complete no-talent loser, and Colleen, who is definitely the strongest member of the team, but has what we call “big match choking syndrome”.

Wendy grimaces just a bit- given that Colleen’s beaten her before, and she’d like to think it was a big match... at least for her.
Wendy: It’s not even that this about their talent, or in-ring performance.  All three women.. even Jo... have shown flashes of brilliance inside that ring.  That’s not the issue... the issue is that they may be talented, but they are NOT the best, and the fact that they’ve banded into this clique doesn’t change a thing.  You get them into that ring, away from the numbers advantage, and every single one of them is extremely beatable.  We’ve seen it time and again, and we’ll see it even more on Saturday night.

Desirae smirks as she looks at both of her partners for Saturday night. 
Desirae: Yeppers peppers! Each and every member of the A-List seems to be losing steam at an alarming rate from Rose Jenkins to Colleen. I don’t know about either of you, but I’ll be more than happy to keep their downward spiral going at Breaking Point! Especially after some of the things that Arabella and Colleen have said about me over the last few months. Both of them are rather mean and pretty cocky on top of that. But there’s nothing I love more than knocking high and mighty people down a few notches. Heck, I’ve done it with Arabella before! Remember how I won Future Shock? I beat Arabella by outsmarting her in a bullrope match. Yeah, throwing Colleen by her side certainly seems to have brought out an even more aggressive side to her but I’m sure I can deal with it. I’m definitely looking forward to this match, I know that much.

Arianna: Aggressive side... pah. When people talk about Arabella, that’s all they talk about. Aggression. Sure, she can win matches... at least, ones where she can hit opponents with weapons. But when have you ever seen her outwrestle someone convincingly? I mean, Mindy Smith had her on the ropes for a time, and she couldn’t win a match to save her life, bless her. The truth is, Arabella is too aggressive, and simply not smart enough to get ahead in this business. Not to mention completely mental!

Wendy nods, giving a small smile
Wendy: Honestly, I don’t think you can succeed in this business without being at least a little bit nuts.  But you definitely can’t accuse the A-List of thinking things through, that’s for sure.  I don’t think they realize just how counter-productive these little sneak attacks are.  They’re not hurting anyone, they’re not sending any messages.  All they’re doing is getting people fed up with them, and banding together to stop them.  You two.  Me.  Isabella.  And how many more will be added to that list the less people like Arabella use their brains, and more use their fists?

With a snicker, Desirae nods in agreement.
Desirae: They’re not making many friends and making a whole lot of enemies, that’s for sure. And I don’t know how anyone in their right mind could think that doing such a thing could end up working to their advantage or in their favor. Pretty much, the only thing that they have going for them is that they’re all in the boss’ pocket and each one of them seems to be the definition of the term “yes woman”. Which in itself is a shame. I mean, I don’t like Colleen at all no matter how good anyone says she is but it’s sad to see someone like Jo McFarlane in that kind of a role. I actually liked her when I first saw her and thought that she was a nice girl with a lot of potential, most of which is being wasted now that she’s running around with a kendo stick and swinging away at anything and everything. 

Arianna: What kind of sick individual do you have to be to do that, anyway? Last I checked, we were WRESTLERS. What have kendo sticks got to do with wrestling? By using one, you’re only trying to injure people, and that’s simply unacceptable. You remember when Triple-X Rex took that nasty shot from Alexander Stryfe a few months ago? It hit him nastily, and he still hasn’t recovered. It’s a dangerous weapon. See, for me, Jo isn’t a wrestler... as proved by the fact that she can’t beat anyone... she’s just a nasty little bully, who needs to sit on the naughty step.

Wendy sighs, then nods, a mixture of sadness and anger on her features.
Wendy: I used to like and respect Jo too, before she... changed.  But you know what?  She’s chosen her path, and by the time Breaking Point is over, she’s going to realize just how bleak that path she’s about to walk is.  Come Violent Night,  Arabella gets to kick back and enjoy the night off, and Colleen gets to tangle with Shane Sanders.  But Jo... she HAS to face me, and the next time, she won’t have Arabella and Colleen to hide behind.  And then she’s going face the consequences for her actions... and it won’t be a time-out on the naughty step.  Mainly because she’s not going to be able to sit...

Wendy smirks, and looks over at the girls of Pink, Inc.
Desirae: Poor Jo, I don’t envy her one bit. She deserves what you give her, Wendy. Heck, every single one of those A-Listers deserve to get their backsides kicked around like that and I have no doubt that on Saturday night, the three of them that we step into the ring with will us will get the beatings that the FFW faithful wants to see them get. I don’t know about the two of you, but it don’t matter to me if it’s Jo, Arabella or Colleen in that ring. I just want to get at them. 

She shrugs a shoulder.
Desirae: Though I do suppose that I kind of look forward to locking up with Colleen the most. I mean, she is the most successful of that entire group and as I’m sure the two of you have heard, has proclaimed herself “the franchise”. She’s good, I admit that but she’s not good enough to carry Jo and Arabella, especially not against the three of us, right?

Arianna: Absoluuuuutely right! Colleen has a pretty crappy record in these kinds of matches. You remember the last time you faced her in this kind of match, Wendy?

Wendy pauses, before bursting out in a chuckle.  
Wendy: I had almost forgotten about that six-woman tag match back in June.  Odd, because it was a huge win for me, Kassi, and Crystal.  But I also remember that’s really where the animosity between Colleen and I started.  I pointed out in a promo that she, Robbyn, and Undine might not be entirely on the same page due to their rivalry, and she got paranoid and thought I was trying to manufacture a schism... that was already there.

Wendy snorts, and shakes her head.
Wendy: Well, I turned out to be wrong, because the ability to function as a team played little factor in that match on either side.  And yet, we still won.  And ability to funciton as a team won’t play a factor here.  I trust you guys to have my back, and I”m sure that Colleen trusts her cronies to follow her lead as well.

Desirae rolls her eyes.
Desirae: Yeah, I’m sure that Jo and Arabella will be following Colleen’s lead. God forbid they have minds of their own, you know? Heaven forbid they try and be leaders instead of followers, hmmm?

She ends up sighing and shakes her head as she beams a smirk in Wendy’s direction.
Desirae: But yeah, Ari and I know that you’ve got our backs given what happened on the last Breaking Point and you know we got yours. You saved us from one of their craptastic  beat downs and the least we can do to say “thanks” is stand by your side here and take them on. That and plus......evening up the odds and foiling their plans are pretty fun!

Arianna nods.
Arianna: We’ll totally kick their tails! It’ll be great fun! I mean, they totally have it coming. Besides, I think they’ve forgotten how to fight fair... at least successfully anyway!

Wendy smiles, and beckons towards the fish counter.  
Wendy: Well, to be honest here, I still feel like the odd-woman-out.  A guest at a party.  And, well, I thought, kind of an icebreaker present, it’d be cool if I got you each a fish.  You know, in hopes that our time together goes... swimmingly.

Wendy grins at her horrible joke.
Arianna: Um... sure, okay? I noticed some fish!

Desirae wrinkles her nose.
Desirae: I’ve been smelling it the whole time we’ve been here.......of course I thought it may have been Dan, too....

Pollaski: Maybe you forgot to freshen up after Cars-

Wendy: SOOOO... I’ve had these salmon before, and they’re REALLY good... you’ll love ‘em!  And they pack it real good so you can fly them home without worrying about them spoiling.

She leads Arianna and Desirae through the crowd, before they’re right in front of the fish counter.  SHe quickly talks to the salesman, pointing out, three huge salmon.  The man picks up the first fish, and heaves a perfect toss, about twenty feet over the counter, to the cheers of the crowd.  A second fish goes flying, and then a third.  Wendy turns, grinning to her companions.
Wendy: It just takes a couple of seconds, and we’ll have dinner all ready for us!

Sure enough, its not long before there’s a shout, and the fish, now tightly wrapped and packaged in ice packs, comes flying back over.  The salesman catches it, and hands the first one to Arianna, who nearly drops it.  The second one is ready to be tossed, and the camera moves in to get a better view. 

This turns out to be a very, VERY bad idea

Salesman: OH MY GOD... Is that... we caught these this morning!

He stumbles away, choking, and gasping for breath, at the same moment the second fish is tossed... right at Pollaski and the camera.
Pollaski: Uh oh...

Flying fish fills the viewscreen, and suddenly, the camera (and presumably Pollaski) is on the ground, giving a very nice view of Arianna’s pink sneakers.  There’s a long silence, save for the gasping and tittering of the crowd.  
Wendy: Um... is there anyway we can get another one?

Fin

No comments:

Post a Comment