Thursday, September 29, 2011

EPISODE 127: Great Expectations (w/ Isabella Pazzini)

Monday September 5, 2011
Central Park- Performance Stage
New York, New York
11:37 AM Local Time


We open up somewhere in Central Park, a few hours before FFW’s innagural Byte This pay-per-view is set to go live.  There’s a small stage, normally used for performances in the park, but today, an FFW banner hangs over it.  A crowd of about two hundred seems to have gathered to watch the speakers on the stage- the newest addition to the FFW tag team ranks, the team of Wendy Briese and Isabella Pazzini.

Wendy is dressed as conservatively as usual, in a pale blue blouse and a long black skirt, her flame-red hair tied back in its usual ponytail.  Just below her left shoulder is pinned a pink ribbon, signifying the cause of this occasion.  Isabella, on the other hand, is wearing a t-shirt reading “More Like The Z-List” and a black skirt, also with a pink ribbon.

Wendy: Happy Labor day, everybody, and thank you for coming out today!  As you all know, in just a few hours, FFW, combined with the Susan B. Komen foundation, are set to be kicking off with one of the most amazing shows of the year!  And considering how many tickets and pay-per-views that we have had purchased, we cannot thank you all enough for your support!

Isabella: Absolutely right! We’ve already raised a few million pounds, but we need to keep on going! So buy souvenirs and all that good stuff, it’s all in a good cause! And those of you watching at home who haven’t ordered the show... what are you waiting for?

Wendy: And remember, it’s only ten dollars!  And since it’s a webcast pay-per-view, even if you have plans at the time of the event, don’t worry!  You can watch the event at any time in it’s entirety after it’s begun.  And remember, all proceeds from this event are going to the Susan B. Komen foundation and the Race for the Cure.  A truly noble cause that really needs our support!

Isabella: Definitely, 100%! You get to make a difference, and on top of that, you get to see the best wrestlers in FFW perform! Plus, as an added bonus, you get to see Heavensent & Hellbound as well!

Wendy looks at Isabella, a clear sign of exasperation on her face.

Wendy: Um... we’re trying to get them to WANT to watch this...

Isabella: It is a bonus! You get to see them get their asses whupped by the Unity Tag Team Champions!

Wendy: Unless they try and find another way to steal a victory.  Despite everything, they seem to be really good at that.

Isabella smirks.

Isabella: How about we talk about the Femme Fatales they ACTUALLY want to see?

The crowd cheers at this.

Isabella: I’m talking about... well, us, actually!

Wendy: Well, we’ve only been training together for a couple of days now, but I can tell you one thing- Isabella and I certainly know our way around a wrestling ring, and despite our obvious differences, we certainly are more than capable of complimenting each other’s styles.  And I think that we should all be proud that yesterday, Isabella actually managed to make it through an ENTIRE sparring session without cheating!

Isabella: Hey, you’re talking like it’s the first time! Besides, I don’t need to practice cheating. I’m already a natural!

Wendy rolls her eyes.

Wendy: Don’t worry, I’m still working on getting her to realize that’s not something to be proud of.  But Isabella, I was thinking... if we’re going to do this tag team thing... we should probably come up with a name for ourselves.

Isabella: Totally! Hey, I don’t suppose any of you have any ideas?

A loud voice from the crowd yells out “Crude & Prude”!

Isabella: Hey, I fucking well like that!

Wendy looks scandalized. 

Wendy: Absolutely not!  And I’m not a prude!

Isabella laughs.

Isabella: Awww... you so are! You think anal means a need to keep everything in order!

Wendy folds her arms, and glares at Isabella for a second, Isabella merely returning a grin.  Both women look away, as someone else yells out “Sugar & Spice!”

Wendy: That’s actually not a bad idea there...

Isabella: I see the logic, but it’s a little too cliched. That would be like having a name like Fire & Fury, and we’re totally not THAT lame!

Even Wendy is forced to laugh at the barb.  For a second, both women wait for more suggestions, but any shouted one’s simply aren’t even worth acknowledging.  Finally, Wendy turns back to Isabella.

Wendy: Well, I was thinking, you know people are anticipating that you and I teaming up could be a definite force here in FFW.  I think a lot of people are thinking that a Briese and Pazzini tag team, if they can work together, can take this tag division by storm.  I think it’s safe to say that we’ve been saddled with some... Great Expectations.

Isabella: Totally! I mean, we’re both awesome! We’re both beloved! And... hey, I just had a thought! Great Expectations should be our team name! Ha! Once again, Isabella has the great idea!

Wendy looks crestfallen.

Wendy: B...but...

Isabella: But nothing! You know, I am so inspirational! Always on the ball at the opportune moment! We’re rocking Wendy! With my brains, and your technical jazz, we’ll do awesome! And we fly under MY banner, the name that I came up with... Great Expectations!

The crowd around pops, and Wendy sighs on stage, obviously defeated.  She looks over at Isabella, stull half-amused despite it all.

Wendy: Well... Pip... if we’re going to make this team work, and live up to these Expectations, I think you and I have some work to do tonight.

Isabella: Work? Nah, it won’t be work! We’ll whip those asses like taking candy from a baby! I mean, come on. Do you guys like Scarlett?

The crowd cheers.

Isabella: Guess they do! And what about Robbyn?

The crowd cheers again, but then one very loud guy yells out “ROBBYN SUCKS!”

Wendy looks startled at the venom behind the voice, and she cranes out, looking for the source.

Wendy: That’s not Pollaski out there, is it?

Isabella shrugs.

Isabella: It’s probably one of her exes. Rumour has it she has like 27.

Wendy cringes.

Wendy: Well, for me, I’m excited about this match.  I’ve faced Robbyn before, but I’ve never gotten into the ring with Scarlett.  And honestly, this is one of the women I’ve been looking forward to facing in FFW, because I believe that the two of us in that ring would absolutely tear the house down.  I have nothing but respect for Scarlett, and because of that, you can rest assured that I’ll be doing everything in my power to beat her tonight!

Isabella: Hey, I respect Scarlett too. But having listened to her words about me, I think she’s full of shit personally. She’s a cocky little bitch.

Wendy looks about to speak, but Isabella puts her hand up to stop her.

Isabella: Scarlett likes to run her mouth about how I’ve never beaten her. About how she’s better than me. About how I’m full of crap. And you know what? I’m sick of it. Twice she has beaten me, and twice there was outside interference and other factors clouding the match. The only time we had a clear, one on one match, it ended a draw. I feel I have proven I’m as good as she is, and yet she continues to show me complete disrespect. You can’t deny that Wendy! I deserve her respect!

There’s a few boos at this, which causes Isabella to frown. Most of the crowd seems okay though.

Wendy: Well, you got to remember, Isabella, you and Scarlett have gone to war, several times, over the biggest prize in women’s wrestling today.  And it got personal... very personal.  I know you’re trying really hard to put that all behind you, but there’s a lot of people out there who haven’t yet seen the person you’re trying to become.  Trust me, when we beat Fire and Fury in that ring tonight, and we do it THE RIGHT WAY, it’s going to open a lot of eyes as to how serious you are about this.

Isabella: There’s a right way?

She looks confused.

Isabella: Trust me though guys, we will earn respect, and we will earn plaudits. We’re coming out today to win, and beat two of the top stars in FFW. And we will show both Scarlett & Robbyn that they need to put their damn egos in check and take us seriously. Because I don’t think that they are.

Wendy merely shrugs in response.

Wendy: Well, I have no problem with Scarlett... or her supposed ego.  But Robbyn... you know, I actually pay attention to what goes around here.  And I sure didn’t miss Robbyn running her mouth in sour grapes after Unstoppable, claiming I didn’t belong in that match.  Claiming that I cost her the contest, when she was the one who tapped out.  That doesn’t sit well with me, being used as an excuse for Robbyn’s failures.

Isabella: Robbyn always has excuses. She always has. That’s the sad fact. She simply can’t accept that without a ladder and a can of mace to hand, she isn’t good enough to be the FFW Evolution Champion.

Wendy looks slightly uneasy about Isabella flat-out saying Robbyns not good enough.  But she merely shrugs, instead of calling her parnter on it.

Wendy: It’s safe to say that excuses have never won anyone a title before, that’s for sure.  Robbyn brashly made a comparison to herself and the Komen foundatiion, trying to connect her team to theirs.  While it was clever, I don’t think the good folks at Komen ever came up short at something, shrugged, and said “Well, what can I say?  Everyone knows we’re not good at this part.”  No, they strive to improve, something Robbyn simply does not do.  And until she quits hiding behind her shortcomings, and attacks them head on instead of making up excuses, Robbyn’s never going to win anything meaningful... ever.

Wendy pauses, then grimaces, looking over at Isabella.

Wendy: I’m sorry, does that make me sound like a fanatical TV Evangelist?

The crowd laughs.

Isabella: I haven’t punched your face in, so no, not yet.

Isabella grins as the crowd laughs again.

Isabella: You’re right though. And I think that is why Robbyn has latched onto Scarlett. To gain some credibility, to give herself a person, to paper over the obvious cracks in her game. And you know what, Helmsley? It is NOT going to work. Because the simple truth is, you have no proper training, a bad attitude, and you’re a crier and a whiner. Put simply... you need a reality check girl. And both tonight at Byte This, and Saturday at Breaking Point... you’re going to get them girl. Loud and clear.

Wendy: As far as Scarlett goes... well, like I said, I can’t wait to get into that ring against her.  I have nothing but respect for Scarlett, even if she does think I’m a little preachy.  But I’m going to admit, I’m jealous as well.  The first year of my career involved a lot of tough matches, and I took a lot of tough losses.  Scarlett has had one of the most amazing first years anyone has ever had in this sport, and it wasn’t due to a lack of competition. 

A sidelong glance at Isabella there.

Wendy: The woman is a wrestling prodigy, a true diamond plucked from the rough.  But there’s an old saying.  ‘If you’re undefeated, you just simply haven’t faced the right person yet’.  And I know, Scar lost at Unstoppable... but I don’t think the disappointment of that sunk in, given how quickly after she learned the identity of her husband’s attacker and became set on vengeance.  So I think it’s time that Scarlett learns what it’s truly like to be disappointed in this sport.

Isabella: When it rains, it pours girl. When I suffered my first major defeat, I went on a horrible losing streak. Now I’m not saying Scar will suffer the same fate, but I think... now she knows what it is like to lose, that confidence, that aura of invincibility, has gone. And believe me, no-one wants a win over Scarlett more than us.

Wendy smiles.

Wendy: You can say that again.  Considering the schedule I’ve gotten laid out for me in the coming weeks, I better start nabbing as many wins as I can get!

A small, self-deprecating grin.

Wendy: So I hope you guys find it in you to watch Byte This! tonight, and I hope that all of you are ready to see the collision of two of the best superteams ever to grace an FFW ring!

Isabella: It’s going to be epic! But you know that! Because when it comes to this match... this show... you already have... GREAT EXPECTATIONS!

The crowd roars as we fade to black.

No comments:

Post a Comment